Follow Me on Pinterest

Friday 30 November 2012

Getting a little bit more Christmassy!

This weekend we have been invited up to the midlands once again to teach at the Moxley crop. As it will actually be December (can you believe that??), they asked that one of the classes be themed. With a bit of tweaking I was able to adapt a class I taught at one of our retreats and make it super seasonal - and I LOVE it!!

I can't show the whole project just yet as I haven't taught the class but I wanted to share a little bit. One of the things I really wanted to include was a sleigh, not some nasty cheap looking thing but something unique and in keeping with my style. Through Facebook I found a really talented lady who creates gorgeous things with Fimo clay and she offered to try to make something bespoke for the class. The result was this fabulous sleigh that almost looks good enough to eat!! I threw my budget to the wind and ordered one for each kit!

It's been stressy waiting for these babies to arrive and we were right to the wire as far as design time goes but I have finally installed my sleigh into his reserved space in my project and he looks very happy. I'll be able to show you just how good he looks after the weekend - watch this space!!

No comments: