Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday 15 October 2012

Total Papercrafts kit 2 for October sample design

After much titivating and fussing I've finally decided that we are there with the sample design for kit 2! I love to fussy cut and these papers offered so many chances to cut out different bits and pieces and then recombine them with each other for a lovely layout.  The theme of this Teresa Collins line is living in the moment and I was drawn to these photos of Dave and I for that reason.  We spontaneously decided to get off the train after a day at one of the Olympic venues and take a walk to see the Olympic Park.  I'm so glad that we did, the atmosphere was brilliant and the people we met on that walk were so positive and fun, everything that sums up living in the moment for me!  Unless I scrapbooked these photos and wrote that story down there would be no other way for future generations to know that we did that, that we were spontaneous as a couple and that we loved to live in the moment.  I tucked the story on a card behind the top photo so its there to discover but not dominating the design.

I have printed off some bingo cards and added those to the kit as I liked the look of mine so much, everything else is included in the kit or die-cut.  I got out my Tim Holtz clock die and a scrap of chipboard to make some clock hands and then coated then with a thin layer of Liquid Pearls in Chocolate which gave them a metallic bronze finish (they look gold in the pic but thats the shine from the pearl effect). The pumpkin yellow twill photographed a lot brighter than it is in real life, its quite soft and muted when you see it and adds a little touch of solid colour in amongst all of the patterns.

We hope that you like the kit and that the sample page gives you a few ideas for how you can use these papers with your own photos.  Its nice to get a couple of simple snaps onto a page and write the story behind them - scrapbooking doesn't always have to be about the perfect photos or the big events, sometimes a simple snap can tell the most about you xxx

No comments: