Follow Me on Pinterest

Sunday 21 October 2012

A fabulous weekend!!

We've just got back home after running the Total Papercrafts retreat and had an absolutely fabulous weekend. Despite all the stress of changing venue at the last minute and a really horrendous 6 hours in the car before we even started, once we were up and running it was simply great!
We had a lovely large cropping room with plenty of space to spread out (some more than others eh Claire??!! Lol). Immediately outside we had a huge lounge area with unlimited hot and cold drinks and free use of an Internet cafe. It made a lovely space to move into if anyone needed a change of seat or scenery. The seats in the cropping room were fully adjustable so even I found it comfy to sit down for the classes without struggling!
One of the highlights of the weekend has to have been the food!! We had a great selection of dishes to choose from on the menu with starters, main and desserts. The portion sizes were ridiculously huge and we almost had to be rolled down the corridor to the cropping room after each meal!! There was something for everyone, it was hot and tasty and we certainly didn't go hungry - quite the opposite in fact. I'm afraid we've been we'll and truly spoiled for anywhere else now. It looks like we'll have to go again....
For probably the first time ever we had lots of finished class layouts, even the project was finished by quite a few. I obviously got something right (or need to up the degree of complexity?!). It really was great to see finished pages with a range of gorgeous photos on and ready to go into an album.
My only gripe was that there wasn't enough table space to set out all of the shop stock. We needed a few more tables but I'll make sure that we have them next time. I missed having a natter with my roomie at the end of each day as we all had rooms on our own but I know that suited most people. The shower in the room was so powerful it virtually had me pinned against the wall, it was heaven! I didn't get the chance to even pop in to the sauna or hot tub to take a look but as I didn't take my bathers there was no chance of me having a dip anyway. It's nice to have something to look forward to next time though! Perhaps I'll see you in March 2013 for the next one?

No comments: