Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday 3 September 2012

September kit 1 contents

The kit materials for this month arrived on Friday after they were specially shipped in for us by Kaisercraft because we obviously need so much of everything - those guys are amazing!  I opted for the new 'Sears & Son' collection because it can be really difficult to find good masculine papers and so the men in our lives can tend to be less prominent in our scrapbooks.  I matched the papers with an absolutely HUGE rub-on sheet.  I have to honest, I never expected it to be as big as this and it offers so many fabulous quotes & phrases that are perfect for a wide range of photos.  The theme of the rub-ons would best be described as 'Be Who You Are' - great for a strong person or to encourage someone.  There are both masculine and feminine quotes so you could take your layout in a host of different directions.

While I have described the paper range as masculine I honestly think it would work with other photos too.  The papers have a retro 50s feel to them and the ones I have selected have playing cards, vintage adverts, numbers and stripes.  The reverse sides are a little more masculine with images that look like catalogue male models, pocket watches and tiny moustaches but you have plenty of scope here and I can image everyone having a lot of fun with so many options with these papers.

I am currently working on the sample double page design so pop back tomorrow to see what I have come up with.  I hope that you like what you see so far!!

No comments: