Follow Me on Pinterest

Thursday 24 May 2012

Dipping my toe into the ProMarker waters

My Mum bought me a set of skin tone ProMarkers yesterday as a gift as I had said that I was interested in having a go with these alcohol ink pens.  I thought that the skin tones would be a good starter set as they are also sepia colours, the kind of colours I am naturally drawn to.  I don't make cards as to be honest, you can pick up nice cards in the high street for less than £1 and my time is really precious but I love using lots of different colour mediums so I had to try these out.

Up until now the only time I've seen these pens used has been with cutesy stamped images and thats just not my kind of thing so my challenge was to use them in a way that fit with me.  I rummaged through my stamps and found this Rose Canina stamp by Funstamps which I stamped with sepia Archival Ink.  I had a few trial runs with blending the pens and then just went for it.  This is the result of my first attempt and I'm quite happy !  It was very easy to create this blended effect of light and shade as the pens do all the work for you.  I could definitely see myself using something like this on a scrapbook layout after a bit of fussy cutting - how cool would that be!!

Just in case you are thinking about dabbling with ProMarkers too here's a little tip - HobbyCraft have sets of pens on sale right now for only £3.99!! What a great deal!!

No comments: