Follow Me on Pinterest

Thursday 26 April 2012

Stamp storage on the cheap



One of my favourite things to do is to browse stationery shops, I love cruising through the aisles of bits and bobs that have an office use but then being inspired to use them in my craft.  I can't pass a stationers without taking a peek - its like a challenge to find weird things and use them in cool ways.  Sometimes its just a simple purchase that can make my life a little easier, thats where this simple ring binder stepped in!
I was in my all-time favourite stationers Paperchase yesterday and came across a shelf full of these small folders.  Unusually for a ring binder never mind a small one, these have three rings in them.  Immediately I thought of my Stamper's Anonymous Tim Holtz stamps, they have three holes in each card!!  At just £2.50 for the clear folder (they also have kraft and black for a little more) I thought it was worth taking a chance on them fitting.  When I got home I did another happy dance when they went in like a dream (lots of happy dancing just lately!!). 
I have 6 sets of stamps in this one and I think thats about it.  The 'official' Tim stamp binder is over 8 times the price of this and only holds around 10 sets of stamps so I really feel like I've hit on something fab here.  I'll be making a beeline back to Paperchase for at least one more - then I'll have the perfect excuse to get some more stamps!

1 comment:

Creatique Candy said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this piece of heART very much!!! The lay-out is just so inviting & shares so much. I'm just touched by your entire story. Thank you so much for sharing.