Follow Me on Pinterest

Sunday 22 April 2012

Distress Ink goodies!!

Anyone who knows me knows that I am a huge fan of Distress Ink and my kit instructions usually include the details of Distress Ink colours I have used - I can't help myself, I just love this range of colours and the qualities of this ink! 

I have stacks of these fab inkpads piled up one on top of the other.  The only small niggle I have is that the ink colour is listed on the top and bottom of each pad but when they are stacked I can't see either. One quiet evening I did sit and print off some of the ink names using an electronic label maker but of course the dratted thing ran out halfway through and its proving difficult to find a refill.  So I'm left with some of my inkpads labelled and some not and I don't want different labels on some by switching to my Dymo labeller. 

Ok, so this isn't the worst crafting issue in the world but its irritating!  I was browsing around onlie today and popped onto the Ranger website (they of course make Distress Ink) and I found that not only have they now released a colour swatch chart but they also have printable labels!! 

The swatch chart will be so useful as I can see all of the colours in the range easily and quickly find a match but I can also tick off those that I own so I don't end up with duplicates.  It'll be so easy to print this off and keep it in my bag so its always to hand. 

The labels are a fantastic idea, all of the ink colours are there - including the limited edition seasonal colours!! I just need to pop a sheet of sticker paper into my printer, click print and then cut them into strips.  This is so much cheaper than using my label maker and they will all look the same, niggle sorted!! 

If you'd like to download the swatch chart and the labels you can find them here Guess what I'll be doing today?!

No comments: