Follow Me on Pinterest

Thursday 22 December 2011

December Daily - days 20 & 21

Things are ramping up a gear now as the big day approaches and its getting hard to find the time to  sit down to put my entries together but I am squeeeeeeezing it in!! Here we go with days 20 and 21...

Day 20
 The page for today is a pocket made from a standard envelope and decorated with a Sizzix Tim Holtz texture fade embossed card.  I inked and glimmer misted the heck out of the card and love the twinkly, textural result!
 We put the tree up today and I snapped a pic right as I finished hanging the last bauble (and before I collapsed on the sofa!) so I HAD to include this in my album. The tree was up later than usual this year and its wonderful how it makes the house feels so Christmassy!
 
 The pocket in this page holds cards for the photos from the day including the hilarious Christmas tree pizza we had for dinner!  I also made masses of the folded stars from the tutorial I posted on here the other day and strung them on clear string around the walls.  After all that folding we had really sore fingers and so this was another thing that needed to be documented!

Day 21
 This simple diagonal pocket page was perfect for holding the tags documenting our girls' night out.  With two of our group heavily pregnant it was never going to be a rock 'n' roll right but we had the best meal and masses of laughs.  I am so lucky to have such wonderfully lovely friends and our nights out are so much fun - thanks girls!

 We ate at a terrific 50's style diner where the staff live in this style all the time.  Their passion comes through in all that they do and they are so friendly - despite our group being so lively!  They have an antique juke box in the restaurant and we just had to have our photo taken in front of it.  Thanks for sending the photos out to all of us Lindsey - you're such a love xx
Whichever way round the tags go back into the pocket there are photos and/or journaling to see - that way I can ring the changes if I want to!

No comments: