Follow Me on Pinterest

Sunday 4 December 2011

December Daily - day 3 entry

My 3rd entry in my Christmas Countdown album features two aspects of my day yesterday as it fell into two halves. although the base pages are different, when they were filled with photos and journaling they began to feel cohesive.

I started the day by teaching a bespoke class for a local craft group that included one of my friends and a number of others I had met a few times over the past year. I put together an album class for them and we spent a very happy 4 hours together laughing and crafting.

I wanted to include a number of photos of the finished project together with a pic of some of the group and so I created interactive flaps to accomodate them all. I added my journaling in the space under the flaps and still had plenty of space for embellishing.


We spent the afternoon braving the high street to make a start on our gift shopping. There is a Christmas market in the town each weekend which makes it feel really festive. We had loads of fun browsing through the department store and even bumped into my Jack and Amber who were out shopping too! I added my photos to two tags which slipped into the pocket on the front of the page which is itself a large pocket (more of that tomorrow).


The tags offered loads of space for journaling which is very important to me in this particular album - the photos show a peek of the day but the written word gives so much more depth to each day's entry. How are your Countdown to Christmas albums coming along? I've uploaded my pages to the forum so they are all together - feel free to upload your pages as well!

I loved Tim Holtz's tag today in his '12 Tags of Christmas' which has a gorgeous frosty feel about it. He managed to incorporate snowflakes in so many different ways including stamps, die cut from acetate and in grungeboard - fabulous!


He even die cut his die cut snowman to cut out the numbers from his tummy which were then backed with sheet music and filled with Glossy Accents. I found a great book of Christmas Carol sheet music today in a charity shop.......now where is my Glossy Accents......!!!

1 comment:

Shell said...

I've really enjoyed looking at your DD pages... but today's entry is my absolute favourite :) I'll be back again!