Follow Me on Pinterest

Sunday 12 December 2010

My December Daily album - so far!





I have been asked to upload some pictures of my December Daily album so I can share what I have created to date. For those of you who are not aware, December Daily is a project inspired by Ali Edwards and each year she creates her own album with daily photos of life during the lead up to Christmas. I loved the idea of focussing on a whole month and December has such great opportunities for capturing memories that this year I decided to take the plunge and create my own album.
As I knew this would be a big undertaking, I decided against making the actual album - life really is too short when there are perfectly acceptable A5 lever arch folders available for just over £1 at my local stationers! I made each page 6" x 8" and then changed up some days with envelope pages, pocket pages and tags. I spent a few evenings putting together all of the base pages for the whole month so now all I have to do is print off a few photos and journal for each day. I won't lie, it did take quite some time to put the pages together and I totally get why Ali encourages everyone to start their albums early!! But once I was on a roll I was loving it and now the album is done doing the daily update is a piece of cake. I'm 1/3rd of the way through the album already and it is bulging (which is totally fine by me as I'm a 'more is more' kind of scrapbooker!!), I think I'll just have to look out for a cool vintage belt I can cut apart to create a closure!
If you want to learn a bit more about Ali Edwards' December Daily then check out her blog at www.aliedwards.com where you'll find her daily albumpics and more. Anyways, I'm off to take more pics......!!

No comments: