Follow Me on Pinterest

Sunday 12 October 2008

Tickled pink and chuffed to bits!



Well, what can I say? We had such an amazing day yesterday at the crop, the atmosphere was lovely and everyone was so incredibly generous - it was fab!! Everyone entered into the spirit of the day and we had a sea of pink around us - including Dave! I just want to say a huge 'thank you' to everyone who joined us and made it such a great day.

There are are few people I want to say special thanks to, who went over and above - firstly to Claire for her fabulous class which was a huge hit! I love your work hun and can't wait to see your next one!! To the girls who came in early and stayed late to help with setting up, especially Sue B and Maria. Its the unglamorous side of the crop days and yet you're always the first to offer - thank you so much, I love you to bits!! To Mum for all her hard work over the past 2 weeks packing kits, pricing stock and sorting out what seemed to be millions of pink flowers!!! To Pauline for running the shop single-handed, I really couldn't do these day without her and I can forget about that side of things and concentrate on the classes which is a huge weight off my mind - thank you millions and enjoy NYC!! And I have to say thanks again to Karen and Sue for the wonderful gift of pink champagne, strawbs and choccy - naughty but very, very nice and very much appreciated.

The highlights of the day for me were the amazing raffle which raised £120, it was great fun and we had some gorgeous prizes donated. Also up there was the auction of our limited edition breast cancer TP T-shirt which was purchased by Karen E for £15 and she then wore for the rest of the day! And I don't think I'll forget Heather bravely taking off her bra in front of everyone and winning a place at the next crop - you made Dave's day!! LOL!!!

So how did we do? At the end of the day when we counted up, we have raised the amazing total of £300 and we're still going!! All sales of our pink stock in October will generate a donation of 10% and we still have 2 more club nights so I hope to have an even higher figure by the end of the month. I am chuffed to bits at the total to date - thank you everyone for your generosity and support!!

Can I ask everyone who took photos to send me copies as Think Pink have asked for pics and if anyone wants any photos just let me know and I can send them out to you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

any chance you can upload the finished layouts from the kent crop karen please as need to finish some of mine off.

Claire said...

You did a great job Karen and team - loved every minute !
Claire XXX