Follow Me on Pinterest

Wednesday 20 August 2008

Clear album project







A week or so ago we had some of the Fancy Pants clear shapes packs delivered, both of which looked really fab. I've been desperate to have a play with some of them and over the past few days I've had a few minutes here to myself (but not many!). I chose the 'Tabbed Book and more' pack and grabbed some of the new Vita Bella papers and embellishments to make an acrylic book for Dave as its his birthday next week.

I was surprised at how easy it was to put this together, the fab 6x6 size meant that it didn't take much to fill each page once the photos were in place and there were plenty of pages - not too few and not too many! I loved the fact that the pack contained loads of clear accents as well, there are scallop frames, arrows, flowers, stars, hearts and loads more -I used 2 frames back-to-back in the middle of the book to create another page. I've got loads left over and I'm looking closely at the clear pack it all came in as a potential second album!

I had to give a bit of thought to the pages that were clear as the reverse side of the chipboard could be seen but fortunately there were plenty of similar sized accents that could be used on the second side to cover the gluey bits.

I used the Cropodile to punch the holes alomg the spine as my office is in upheaval right now and I can't find the Bind-it-All (Dave is remodelling it for me and everything is boxed and in the attic!). Its held together with a BIA wire and I added ribbons from my stash. I love the end result and hopefully he'll like it too!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love, love, love this Karen, it is really gorgeous

Sam

Anonymous said...

Love the wonderful album you've made for your young man! Take care marion x